Search & Win

Monday, May 21, 2012

Another New Noni Knee

     As I walked into our church foyer I caught a glimpse of something that I had hoped I would never see again.  My nemesis, the old ball and chain that keeps me from moving around and going where no Noni has gone before.  It was a black rolling walker complete with the seat for when you get tired.  When I first looked at it I felt like someone had sucker punched me in the gut.  I started to cry and decided that it was way too early for that.  You see on Friday, 3 days from now, I will be undergoing my 2nd knee replacement.  I have had very mixed emotions about this surgery due to the previous knowledge that I have "scaffolded" in my mind.  I know all to well the pain the drugs and the ever dreaded CPM, Continuous Passive Motion machine.  Well let me be the first to say that there is nothing passive about it, lol.  It bends your knee up and out for 2 hour increments all the while I am pushing on my morphine pump of which I am constantly assuring the nurse isn't working.  I know they hear that all the time so they would not listen when I told them, because, mine REALLY WASN'T WORKING!!!!

     Tomorrow, Tuesday, I go for my pre-op visit where they will take my blood and do all of the precautionary x-rays, cardiograms, etc.  Then they will give me a time that I will need to arrive at the hospital.  I must also take all of my current medications so that they will know exactly what I am taking so that they will be able to provide me with the correct medication during my stay.

     I have made an attempt to pack my bags for my stay and quickly realized that a trip to the store is in order.  I must buy new garments so that when my precious friends and loved ones come to see me, at least I will be presentable. 

     If I have the presence of mind, I will try to update this blog with my journey through Noni kneedom.

God Bless
Noni

No comments:

Post a Comment